Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm in love.

Attractive woman probably in her mid-late 20s comes to the counter to check into Mash's World Famous Inn (No Fools Suffered). I do all the check-in stuff and hand her her keys.

"Room 101," I said.

She suddenly looked put off. "Room 101?"

"Room 101."

"What's in room 101?"

[Dramatic pause while I assume the most serious expression I can muster]

"You know what is in Room 101, Kellie."

"Everyone knows what is in Room 101."

"The thing that is in Room 101 is--"

"The worst thing in the world," we finish together. She laughs. We high-five. She leaves. I never fully understood until today why I got into this business.

The bad news is, she's here with her husband. I hope he understands it's nothing personal that I have to have him whacked. Just wrong place, wrong time, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment